Frequently Asked Questions
- Can anybody use VendingBox?
- Yes. Anybody can use VendingBox, it is very easy to set up.
- Do I need a shopping cart to use VendingBox?
- No. VendingBox is a fully functional ecommerce system, with an easy to use administration system.
- How does VendingBox work with my e-commerce system?
- The VendingBox plugin pulls your catalog, stock levels and tax and shipping rules from your cart. When a customer buys from your VendingBox, orders are re-inserted in to your system. This allows you to continue to use your cart as before. See how it works.
- How many VendingBoxes can I create?
- There is no limit on how many VendingBoxes you can create.
- Where can I put my VendingBox?
- VendingBox works as an in-conversation news feed store. This means the whole store appears in a Facebook stream. It can also be put on any web page or blog.
- Can I put VendingBox on my Wordpress blog?
- Yes. VendingBox works quite well on Wordpress blogs.
- How many products can I put in my VendingBox?
- There is no limit to the number of products you can put in your VendingBox
- Does VendingBox support digital downloads?
- Yes! Customers receive temporary links to digital products, which expire after 24 hours. A helpful tutorial is available on our blog.
- What can I sell with my VendingBox?
- There is no real limit to what can be sold on a VendingBox. You will be limited by the terms of service of your payment processor.
VendingBox does not permit the sale of any items prohibited by local laws. VendingBox reserves the right to remove items deemed inappropriate or offensive.
- Can I put a VendingBox on my profile page?
- Facebook no longer allows application tabs on profile pages. You can of course put VendingBox on your wall!
- How can I share the VendingBox to by wall?
- Simply share any product from the VendingBox and it will appear in your wall.
- Can I have multiple Facebook accounts associated with my VendingBox login?
- Not at this time. However, you can create unlimited VendingBoxes with your login.
- What shopping carts does VendingBox integrate with?
- osCommerce, Zen Cart, Magento , CRELoaded. If your cart can product a CSV, or XML file, this can also be used to populate the VendingBox
Share and Earn
- How much sales commission are users offered?
- Each VendingBox can be set to offer any amount of sales commission.
- Who pays the sales commission?
- If you offer 5% sales commission, then this is added to the monthly fee and paid out to sharers.
- Can users buy from VendingBoxes they have shared?
- Yes. There is no reason why not.
- When do sharers get paid?
- Once a vendor settles their monthly account, any share commission is distributed to sharers.
Payments & Billing
- How do I get paid?
- VendingBox supports a number of payment procesors including PayPal, AuthorizeNet and SagePay.
- How am I charged the 1.5% sales fee?
- If you have sold more than $100 worth of goods through the VendingBox, you will receive a monthly account statement on the 1st of each month.
- How can I pay my account balance?
- Payments can be made by PayPal or using any credit card using the VendingBox admin application.
- How can I cancel my plan?
- Just cancel the recurring payment.